Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7-11 Slurpee Review!

Date Visited: Monday, July (7) 11, 2011
Heard About Via:  Co-worker

7-11
Downtown Colorado Springs
Attire:            Ball Gown (not really) 
Company:      3 Inconspicuous Co-Workers

RATING – 4/4 Stars
The Slurpee:                 2 Try It… Service:                         4 Gotta Go!  (They didn’t have to deal with us, just smile and wave)
Atmosphere:                  2 Try It…
Cost/Value:                    $ - Got a few bucks




Ratings Key

General                                               Cost/Value (based on a party of 2)
1 – No go…                                         $ – Pinchin’ pennies (less than $10)
2 – Try it…                                          $$ – Got a few bucks (less than $20)
3 – Savor it...                                       $$$ – It doesn’t hurt to drop a few (less than $50)
4 – Gotta go!                                        $$$$ – I just got a bonus ($100 +)




REVIEW
Monday was 7/11 – Slurpee Madness – and upon my departure of the office, it was decided that a review must take place of the Slurpee.  A favorite pastime of mine as a child, this treat has inconspicuously moved into my subconscious, but it arose when an invitation came across my iPhone from a co-worker of mine.  “Bing!” and it read – “Trip to Seven Eleven for the free Slurpee Special.”  Then it hit me, today is… 7/11.  I accepted.  The rest is history.

The Slurpee
It all depends on your “flav” – I am a berry girl…but that one was exploding and making strange sounds when the lever was pulled.  I then had to divert my selection to the Piña Colada flavor.  Interesting that 7-11 found this to be a lucrative flavor for the 7 year old market.  There must be something behind this.  The Slurpee was good for about 10 minutes, until it melted.  Then I found myself drinking a cup of syrup flavored like a Piña Colada – depressing.  It was trashed, not worth my calorie count for the day…

So Great…
The selection, and the thing was free, I don’t think you can beat that and if you are complaining, shame on you, just make fun of the experience… 

The Bummer…
The exploding berry flavor.  I was hoping to have flashbacks to childhood when I pulled that lever, that was interrupted by an awful sound that got me some looks.  No more to say…

GO get yourself a Slurpee today!

No comments:

Post a Comment